All the surveys show the same trend: 90% of marketers plan to spend a lot more on content this year than they did last year. (God knows what the other 10% are planning).
It doesn’t take America’s Next Top Model to tell you that this adds up to a big boatload of content coming our way. As consumers and buyers, we’ll all be targeted by a tidal wave of eBooks, blog posts and infographics. And as marketers, we’ll all be competing against a Mississippi of meaningful material.
This new Slideshare rant is all about this problem — and the only solution to it. I won’t spoil your fun; click away — full-screen mode is advised.
As always, your comments are not just welcome, they’re eagerly awaited and received with a level of gratitude bordering on the unseemly.
There’s a guest post on Hubspot called The Content Marketing Deluge that expands on this piece and addresses the question: aren’t we already in the midst of the Deluge?
And one on Marketing Profs that goes a bit deeper into the Six Principles of Great Content Brands.
This piece went kind of viral on us, so I wrote about the excitement of that ride in this post, Behind the Crap.